Sunday, September 13, 2009

Slacking......again!

We started school again, and since then, I have been slacking in the blogging department. I don't know what my excuse was before school started. Facebook, perhaps? I'll try to do better. :)


We were reading about the Native American Indians, so we made some clay-dough pots of our own. I'll be sure to show them some REAL pots when we visit NM in a couple of weeks!



I celebrated my 29th birthday....for the first time this year. Not to brag or anything, but I made THE BEST CHEESECAKE!!! Reece's Chocolate Peanut Cup Cheesecake. Also, it hardly had any cracks on top! That is a miracle, since my cheesecakes usually have the grand canyon in the middle. The next day, I got a surprise in the mail from my friend Misty and her Mom..... a New York Style cheesecake from a bakery in NC. Oh YUM! Thank goodness for freezers! I cut up both cheesecakes, and stuck them in the freezer. Whenever I was in the mood for a piece, which was pretty much EVERY DAY, I stuck a slice in the microwave and defrosted it for 60 seconds. Perfection, every time. I was very spoiled, and I think I put on about 3 pounds. Not good, but it tasted good!!

And, my mom sent me beautiful flowers, Peruvian Lily's. I failed to take a picture, but they were gorgeous! Beau got me the Nike+ for my iPod. It's fun to see how fast/slow I go. I haven' t figured it all out, but so far it's been great!


We attended a ward picnic. It was HOT HOT HOT! Poor Zachary had a fever, and was miserable.



There was a dunk tank, and the kids had a blast dunking a member of the Bishopric. After awhile, the kids wanted to be dunked. Yes, that is Abi in the tank with her nose plugged. Yes, that is Everett trying to dunk his sister. It was quite funny. She didn't mind if Everett tried to get her, but she got downright angry when Beau tried. Good thing Everett had the better arm, or else Abi might have demanded a new father.


It was hilarious to see the line of kids change from being the "dunkers", to being the "dunkees".


Beau turned 31. What did he get for his birthday? He's going to build a gun. He's going to buy it piece by piece, and a gentleman in our ward is going to help him put it together. I guess it will keep him out of trouble......for awhile at least. :)


But the most important thing that happened recently, is the fact that Beau and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Holy moly! 7 years already? My, how it has flown by. We must be having fun. I love you!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Happy Birthdays and Anniversary! What a fun month! =)

jaredandgina said...

I Love the wedding picture, so cute! Happy Birthdays and Anniversary! 7 years is awesome!!
And I love Abi's Story, soo cute!

Lisa Brown said...

Happy late birthday! And I sure wish I had been there to celebrate with you . . . and share your cheesecake. It sounds divine!!! Happy b-day to Beau too, and happy anniversary!