Saturday, November 14, 2009

Current events

My friend Misty came to visit for a couple of days. We spent one afternoon in Baltimore, and one day at Mt. Vernon. In the orientation theater, I noticed this quote on the wall. I liked it. I wonder what the current administration would think about it.
The weather was picture perfect at Mt. Vernon. The kids love the "ha-ha walls." If you don't know what a ha-ha wall is......google it!
Of course, they have to be silly wherever they go. That's why they're called KIDS!

Zachy is pretending to be Jacky Custis. Silly boy.
On another evening, our very good friends came over. Eliza and Clara had fun together. They are only 6 weeks apart. Eliza looks so much bigger than Clara, because she is, and she is also sitting on her knees. That is her favorite way to sit. It's quite cute.
Ah, my boys. Beau told them that when he goes shooting, he wears glasses to protect his eyes. Well, when they go shooting, they have to wear goggles as well.
Our family participated in yet another 5K. This makes it number 3 for Abi. She ran her fastest time yet...40 minutes. She's becoming quite the runner, and we are proud of her.

2 comments:

Lani said...

fun, fun, fun!

Lisa Brown said...

Like mother, like daughter :). tell Abi congrats from us. Oh, and I LOVE the family picture on the top of your blog - you have such a gorgeous family Saundra!

PS. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?