Beau took Abi and Everett for a ride around the neighborhood, and Zachary and Eliza were very sad that they didn't get to go. To soothe them, I let them have a sucker. That sure did the trick! Eventually we'll be getting a bike trailer, so that Beau will be able to take ALL of them, and not a single one will be left behind. Woohoo!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Hello summer!
Even though summer hasn't "officially" started yet, the weather has been very summery. The kids couldn't wait for the community center pool to open, and they begged me to let them play in the inflatable pool. Looks like we need a bigger pool.
Finally, the wonderful day arrived for the pool to open. The kids wasted no time in getting wet, and having FUN!!


Beau was on "suicide watch" with Eliza. That girl would happily drown herself without even realizing it. She loves the water. Perhaps a little bit too much!
Eliza has taken to sitting at the big table like a big kid. I let her eat her snacks there, but she still sits in her high chair for meals. She's much too messy!
We were invited to a friends house to have a Memorial Day picnic. The kids had fun playing outside in the water and mud for hours. The boys of course found the armor and shields and put them to good use. Don't be fooled by Abi's face - I think she had the most fun of them all!
One day was so stinking hot, I didn't want to go outside for anything. To make the day somewhat fun, I let the kids have an indoor picnic. Since summer is coming quickly, and my belly is only growing in size, we'll probably be having lots of indoor picnics!
The highlight of the past week was Beau getting his new bike. He has been watching Abi and Everett having fun riding their bikes, and he wanted to re-live being a kid as well. If only adult bikes were as inexpensive as children's bikes! But, just like his car, he will ride this bike until the wheels fall off, and then he'll have to glue them back on and keep on riding! All the kids spent an afternoon racing one another.
Eliza got tired of walking her bike, and I convinced her to be a cheerleader on the sidelines instead of running around in the road. She was going to get hit eventually by someones bike! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! And I am so jealous of your community pool! And especially how close it is to your house. We could really use that in the heat we have been having :).
Post a Comment