Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July

 July in San Antonio is hot!! The kids had fun playing with water flutes in an attempt to cool off.
 If water doesn't help, perhaps patriotic JELL-O pops will help. Abi was kind enough to share hers with Sariah.
 Beau had a couple of days off for the holiday, and the kids were happy to have a few minutes with Dad.
 We bought a few fireworks to do in our backyard. They really weren't that loud, but I suppose the boys have sensitive hearing.
 I picked up a few boxes of my favorite daytime fireworks, the Snap Pops and the Black Snakes. They were much more exciting when I was a kid. The kids enjoyed them, and that's what matters.
 I had been craving a JELLO-O poke cake, so I made a patriotic one for the occasion. Yummy!

What is the 4th of July without sparklers? Eliza was brave this year and had fun running around with them.

No comments: