Saturday, December 15, 2012

Last days in San Antonio

We spent our last few days in San Antonio doing the things we liked best. After watching our household goods get packed and loaded on a truck and bidding farewell to our house, we had to also say good-bye to our other favorite place, Sea World. 
 
Harmony wasn't too impressed with it, but at least she was comfortable.

 We spent our last evening with our awesome friends the Thelers. We were fortunate enough to live near them again. I'm crossing my fingers for another opportunity! Eliza found a good friend in Kaile.
 One of the many benefits to having a large family is that when we request temporary lodging for a PCS we are able to have two rooms, or in this case the General's Quarters. Woo hoo! Score! The kids had their own room complete with bathroom and TV. I told them they couldn't turn the TV on until 7, and you can guarantee that every morning at precisely 7am that TV was turned on.
 
We also had a kitchen, living room, and a table. Beau and I had our own bathroom and bedroom as well. We were perfectly comfortable for the time we were there.
 Finally, the day of graduation from Phase 1 arrived. Of course Beau found himself among the top of the class, and was inducted into the PA Honor Society, Phi Alpha. I never doubted for a minute that he would graduate, and I knew he would finish as close to the top as possible. That's just the way he rolls.  :)
 All finished! Now it's time to take a short breather and enjoy some time on the road, and visiting with family before we face Phase 2 in Omaha, Nebraska.

No comments: