Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

We had a very quiet Christmas. We stayed home, and enjoyed each other's company, and played with new toys. I had taken pictures of the kids opening presents, but I had a blond moment (no offense to any blonds!) and deleted the pictures, along with some others that I had taken. Oops. This picture of Eliza is one of my favorites. I have always wanted to have a small baby around Christmas, because I love the miniature Santa hats. I found this onesie at Carter's, and couldn't resist: "All mommy wants for Christmas is a silent night"


Santa Baby



Matching pj's.
On Saturday we ventured into Washington to do some sightseeing. We're trying to do as much as we can before Beau starts class again, and before summer and tourist season hits. Not to mention the weekend of the Inauguration of our new president.
Lincoln Memorial. This statue is ginormous. I had no idea it was so large.

The building is so large, the people look like ants.


At the World War II memorial, they have a statue for each state, so we took our picture in front of the state where we were born.


We found a flag pole that was honoring the Armed Services, so here's Beau's picture.
The Washington Monument is so tall. It's 555' 5 1/8" tall. There is an elevator inside, but you need (free) tickets to ride. We didn't know this, and the tickets were all given out by the time we arrived. We'll try again next time. From the top you are able to see for 30 miles.

I finally got a picture of all the kids in their Christmas clothes. Not everyone is smiling, but no one is crying. I'll take it!


This video of Everett cracks me up. Abi got him a remote controlled Lightning McQueen. I tried to explain to him that he didn't need to be right next to the car in order for it to work. He thought the antennae had to be touching the car.

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. I am so jealous of all the stuff in DC you are getting to do. How awesome that you live so close to it!

Lani said...

I love that onesie, perfect for a new baby (and some not-so-new) at Christmas!