Saundra has failed to mention a significant event that took place over spring break. I joined the "man club" by purchasing a 12-gauge shotgun...Remington 870 to be exact. One might ask why such a little man like me, with the build of a 14-year-old suffering from malnutrition, would choose a 12-gauge vs. a 410 or the like. The answer is, I don't know.
All I know is that I was driving home (I spend a lot of time in the car, giving me way too much time to think) and the thought came to me that I should buy a gun. Perhaps this thought germinated from the emotional havoc I wreak on myself by mixing talk radio and church hymns. I listen to talk radio until I start to have ill will towards some of the "public servants" up on Capitol Hill, then I hit the CD button and ask for forgiveness...when I feel it's safe to go back to 680 AM I love everybody again. Thus is my life for about 6 hours/week. During one of the brighter moments on the trip home, it came to me that it might be a good idea to buy a hunting tool before they are taxed into that black hole of inaffordability.
Anyhow, I'm pretty excited to go shooting. I'll test out the 9mm Smith-Wesson when that comes in too (We bought one of those as well, but the law abiding gun shop makes you wait until the background check is done before releasing hand guns). I'll post a picture when the pistol is here...I know all of the blogsters out there are excited to see them! (sarcasm for those that didn't catch it) It's late...good night :)
3 comments:
Hey that is awesome, we are all for owning guns and be able to protect your family if you have to. We have a 9mm and love it.
Enjoy!
Awesome! Good for you Beau :). I love my rifle, but it is just a 30-30.
congratulations, Beau! as you know by now, your buddy got his too...and he can't stop talking about it :D. I'm almost tired of pretending that I'm interested about the gun talk- hee-hee. I hope Saundra is doing a better job
;).
Post a Comment