Monday, April 6, 2009
Life in our home...
Everett has just recently started showing interest in doing crafts. He has taken off all on his own. He draws and traces monster trucks, airplanes, motorcycles, etc. He'll cut them out, color them, tape them, etc. It's quite cute. He has sat at the table the ENTIRE day today experimenting.
While in Hawaii, a daughter of a friend of mine, very sweetly gave Abi and Everett some dress up clothes. One of their favorite items that she gave them was a cape that my friend had made. One side was Batman, the other side was Superman. This cape has been used a million times for just about everything. Now instead of 2 kids arguing over it, I have 3 kids. To solve the problem, I made 3 more reversible capes. That way when Eliza is old enough, there will be 4, and (hopefully) no arguments. I was on a roll when I sat down to make them. I would have had them completed in just one day, but I realized I didn't have yellow thread, so the project was stalled for about a week until I got the thread. After that, it took me only a couple of hours to put them all together. To have a project finished in 1 week is still a record for me!! Of course, mine look nowhere near as good as my friends, but I am not an accomplished seamstress like she is!!
Eliza has a new trick of rolling over. I love it! She sleeps on her tummy so when she wakes up, instead of crying, she rolls herself over and is quite content. I love this blanket that we use in her crib. Grandma Cash made it for her. Abi has a pink one as well that her Auntie Alli made for her.
And of course, who could leave out Zachy? Here he is, my Mr. Princess. He brought me the dress to put on, I didn't make him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the capes, that will be a hit with Nyle. You know Zach will never forgive you for posting this princess pic, hee-hee.
I love Eliza in her crib. If only they woke up like that every time. She looks so grown up and chubby! We sure miss you and your fam!
You did such a great job! Daeli really wants a Wonder Pets cape so we'll see how that goes. So does the S on the cape stand for Saundra? You are SUPER!
I still can't get over how much gorgeous hair Eliza has - it makes her look older than she is. And those capes are awesome!!! You are such a good seamstress.
Post a Comment