Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our own private pool!

Where have we spent our summer? At the pool!! The community center just down the street from our house has a pretty snazzy pool. The bonus (besides that it's FREE!) is that every time we go, we have the whole thing to ourselves! How cool is that?? This is a typical picture....Everett coming out of the pool with some sort of complain, whine, concern, scratch...whatever. But, notice Zachy's "innocent" face? He must be guilty. Hehehe.
Zachy loves to lay in the water.
After 45 minutes, the lifeguards blow the whistle, and we come out to eat lunch.

Eliza crawls around looking for bugs, grass, and leftovers to eat. She won't eat any baby food that I take for her.
And then after lunch, we get back in to play some more! We'll play for another 30-45 minutes, and then the kids are begging to come back home.
When we get home, it's 1pm, and Eliza, Zachary and most times Everett will take a nap for 2-3 hours. Abi will either read or go outside to play with friends. I get some much needed, and if I might add, deserved, quiet time. Ahhhh, I love summer!





4 comments:

the ohana said...

I miss that pool, I've never been there since Heritage open. It looks like you were the only ones there. Your kids are so cute. My favorite one is Eliza's toothless smile. Please squeeze those thighs for me :D...

Cole and Julie said...

Ahhhhh...summer. There is nothing like tired kids and the smell of chlorine ;)

Lisa Brown said...

Oh you are so lucky! I miss our pool in Georgia - it was very much the same sort of experience, having it all to ourselves most days. My kids are seriously swimming deprived this summer.

TiffanyBedard said...

Cool that looks like way more fun then our pool on base!