Friday, August 27, 2010

Catching up

I'm going to apologize for not posting in such a long time. I can give plenty of excuses, but I'm not. Eliza discovered that she likes to paint her face.
Thankfully she used a washable stamp to beautify herself.
I don't think I'm going to encourage this, even though she looks so pleased with herself.

What summer would be fun without playing at the pool? And trying to drown their father in the process?
Our faithful camera died on us after 3 years (may it rest in peace), so we splurged this time and bought a waterproof camera. LOVE it!
We tell the kids not to open their eyes underwater, but of course, they never listen. Maybe we should just get them goggles that fit their heads.
I think this picture is wonderful. It completely captures my little water baby.
We participated in a 5K in August. Just 5 days before my due date. (Even though I didn't have the child till AFTER my due date, but that is another story!) Abi and Everett didn't train very much this time, and it's my fault. However, Abi ran it by herself and finished in 35 minutes. I told Everett to take it easy, and to make the goal of NOT WHINING OR CRYING! I thought it was a long shot, but it was a very pleasant shuffle. He was positive and upbeat the entire time. I enjoyed spending that time with Everett.
Beau ran the 10K, and managed to pick up some hardware. He placed 2nd in his age group of 30-39. Yes, there were more than 2 participants in his age group, so he did earn this award, and didn't receive it by default. Good job!
Everett was worn out after the run, and luckily Eliza was nice enough to give up her seat in the stroller.
Before the 5K. I love that they chose matching running clothes. We should get them marked with TAYLOR on the back.
Eliza loves to make a mess with her yogurt. She starts out OK, but then she sticks her hand in the cup to play with it, and she also likes to try to drink it out of the cup. It ends up everywhere.

Abi FINALLY lost a tooth on top! It has been loose for months, but she wouldn't wiggle it enough to make it do anything. We kept telling her we were going to pull it out. She didn't like that idea one bit.
The Post Library had an Independent Summer Reading Program for the school age kids. I enrolled Abi, and she went to town. During the weeks that the pages were being counted, she read over 4,000 pages! She was one of the top readers, and one of the youngest as well. That's my girl!
There was an ice cream party to celebrate the kids' accomplishments, and of course we all had to go and support Abi. (And eat our share of the ice cream!)
Eat up Abi! You earned it.
In the afternoons while Eliza and Zachary take their nap, Abi and Everett sit in the dining room and listen to ebooks while they make different crafts and color. I came in one afternoon, and found Abi asleep on the chairs. I guess it was a really good book.
With a new baby on the way, it was time for Eliza to move to the toddler bed. I was sad when she first started sleeping in it. I wasn't quite ready for her to stop being my little baby, and becoming a big toddler. She took to it right away. Her favorite part is that she is sharing a room with Abi. Abi loves it as well - at least for now. The first week she fell out numerous times a night. Thankfully it's not a far fall. :) She does better now, and only falls out once every other night.

5 comments:

jaredandgina said...

Wait! Did you have your baby already? I can't believe you have the time or energy to post if you did!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your post! Can't wait to hear about your new one coming, miss you guys! -chelsea

Jill said...

saundra, you didn't place in the 5k? oh, right - you were running with everett...i'm sure if you weren't, you would have hardware yourself - cuz that's how taylors roll!

eliza is getting sooo big - time for new family pictures!

Lisa Brown said...

Fun update! And have you had the baby?? I haven't seen anything on facebook, and so I assume you are still pregnant. Wish I was there to help you out!

Toni Marie said...

nice to see abi lost some teeth. alissa has only lost 4 and she seems to be behind lots of other kids. but she looks sooo stinkin cute w/her 2 front teeth missing!