Baby Sariah was due on my 30th birthday. I had it all planned out. I thought it would be great to share a milestone birthday with my baby. Apparently she missed the memo. Beau tried to convince her to be born on his birthday instead. She didn't listen to either of us, and came on her own day. Typical.
I don't have any pictures of my final days of pregnancy. I was so fed up with being pregnant, I don't think I could have attempted a smile. Beau, on the other hand was all smiles, since having another baby means he gets 10 free days of leave. There has to be an easier way to get time off of work. He took this picture of himself in the delivery room. He took a picture of me in labor, but I refuse to post it, or let anyone see it. It's quite unflattering.
I didn't think I would ever make it to the delivery room. (Really, I was only 5 days overdue, but I was at the end of my rope. I just made a knot and held on!) I woke up one morning with strong contractions that were coming every 10 minutes. This lasted for 5 hours. When it was time to get up for the day, I was excited because I thought we were going to have a baby that day. I called our friend that was going to be watching our kids to put her on alert. Nope! Once I started moving around, the contractions stopped. I had lost a full night of rest for nothing. The next day, I was having contractions, but they weren't anything to complain about. At my appointment in the afternoon, the midwife checked me and told me I was dilated 3 cm. Amazing. I had never been that far along before actually going to the hospital before. Beau and I stopped for some ice cream before heading back home. Once we got home, I put on a movie for the kids and laid down. The contractions began picking up in intensity, and before long, they were 5 minutes apart. It was getting very hard to walk, so I knew it was time to get going. I called our friend, and she showed up at 6:30pm. We got to the hospital at 7pm. Sariah made her debut at 9:45 that evening. Once things finally got moving, this was my fastest delivery. She weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 22 inches long.
Once she was born, I felt like a new woman. I could have gone home right then. But of course not. How would the hospital make any money if they let me go so soon? I had to stay the full time, which was too long for me! At least the food was good.
Beau left almost immediately after the baby was born so that our friend could go back home and get some sleep before her early morning at the temple. We only got a couple of pictures of Sariah in the hospital. Oh well, sorry baby! We still love you.
Newborn babies are so cute, and they smell so yummy!
Beau was nearly to the hospital, when he remembered that he had forgotten the baby's car seat. Oops. He finally made it back to the hospital to pick me up. With 4 kids in tow. I was impressed that he did it. It's not easy, especially when it's not something you do on a daily basis. He even fixed Eliza's hair, and she looked really cute! The best part of visiting the hospital? It's not the baby, it's the TV!
I don't have any pictures of my final days of pregnancy. I was so fed up with being pregnant, I don't think I could have attempted a smile. Beau, on the other hand was all smiles, since having another baby means he gets 10 free days of leave. There has to be an easier way to get time off of work. He took this picture of himself in the delivery room. He took a picture of me in labor, but I refuse to post it, or let anyone see it. It's quite unflattering.
1 comment:
I loved reading all about your experience :). And Sariah is so pretty - you always have beautiful babies though. So sorry you went overdue. I remember being angry when I had Derek on his due date instead of early :). Oh, and I am still waiting to hear what you would like for you - lotion, a book? What sounds good?
Post a Comment