Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Scientist!

Everett has become quite the little scientist. He has discovered the world of body invaders and the way our body fights them. He reads book after book, and draws picture after picture of his discoveries. To encourage him in this, we got him what else? Books of his very own that he won't have to return to the library after a few weeks. He was so excited! Abi and Zachary were quite disappointed in his gifts. Haha.
 Beau covered the board with staphylococcus, streptococcus, and other various organisms. He wrote "Happy Birthday Everett-phage" which brought a chuckle out of Everett. I laughed too once he explained it to me. "Phage" means to eat, so he is an Everett-eater.
 Everett too chose pancakes and sausage for breakfast, just like Zachary did.
 Since Everett's birthday fell on a Friday, we didn't have school. That gave him plenty of time to dive right into his new books.
 I had Everett draw a picture of what he wanted his cake to look like. Then he supervised to make sure I was doing things correctly. We have a cell with viruses, white blood cells, antibodies, staphylococcus, streptococcus, E coli, and bacilli. Nothing says Happy Birthday like a little E coli!
 We let Everett invite a friend from church to come over for the evening. I'm wondering what his parents thought when he went home and told them that he had a germ cake.
Make a wish, Everett! May all your dreams come true. We love you!

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Just got caught up on your blog :). Can't believe how grown up your kids are getting!! And I love that they all got BYU shirts from your friends :).

Jill said...

OH WOW, that everett! he's hilarious! such a mini-"bow & arrow" to be sure!