Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Never a dull moment

 The weather warmed up nicely, so we decided to spend some time getting reacquainted with the sun. What better place to do that than at Sea World in the Sesame Street Bay of Play!
 This sand castle marks the entrance to the much anticipated opening of Aquatica, the new water park at Sea World. You can bet we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer!
One night during scripture reading, Abi was so kind to brush Eliza's hair. She had the brilliant idea to take a comb and wind it up in her hair to try and make it curly. She didn't realize that it's nearly impossible to get a comb out once it's been rolled up like that. I tried the best I could, but decided to leave it up to a professional.
 I prepared Eliza (and myself!) with the possibility that the nice lady at the hair cutting place might have to cut her hair very short to get the comb out. She was completely fine with that. We went to Great Clips, and the lady there worked her magic. She broke the comb in pieces and worked each piece out. With the way that the lady was pulling on her hair, I kept waiting for Eliza to start crying. She was quite brave and if it did hurt at all, she didn't let out a peep. One crisis averted. Abi has learned her lesson. Thank goodness!
 After our adventure at the hair salon, it was time for everyone, except Sariah, to be seen at the dentist. The kids look forward to going to this dentist, because there is a TV in the waiting room. Sariah could care less about the TV. She likes the little cabins that are perfect for her size.

This was Eliza's first time at the dentist. She was very brave, and cooperated beautifully. 

 This dentist knows kids, and knows that kids love to watch TV. While they're waiting for their turn, they're watching the Pink Panther. I'm busy chasing Sariah around, making sure she doesn't grab the dental tools and start running.
I love that there is a chair for each of the kids. They all sit down and patiently wait for their turn. Of course they're patient....they're glued to the TV unfortunately! I wonder what would happen if they didn't have a TV in there? I guess my kids would have to read the books that they brought.

No comments: