Friday, August 24, 2012

Harmony Rose

Harmony Rose made her entrance into this world 8 days after her due date. As far as deliveries go, this one was relatively painful. Maybe I should have taken some drugs this time around, but why ruin my track record of natural childbirth? I would have stayed at home for a few more hours, but I had to get there early so that I could have antibiotics in my IV. As it was, she was born less than 5 hours after arriving at the hospital. The nurse that took care of me told me that I was the second person she took care of in her 2 years at the hospital that didn't have an epidural. Since natural childbirth is a rare occurrence at the hospital, the resident was a bit surprised and unprepared for the speed of delivery. He almost didn't make it in time to catch. Harmony's first experience with earth life was an expletive from the resident's mouth because she was born so quickly. Welcome to the last days, Harmony! 

 Once she was born and cleaned up a bit, Beau stuck around for a few pictures, then he went home to get some rest. He was going to be taking on my role as stay-at-home-mom the next day, so he needed to get some shut-eye. He picked up the kids from our friends house in the morning. I was worried about dropping all 5 of our kids off with our friends who had 4 kids the exact same ages as Everett, Zachary, Elia, and Sariah. The report was that they played well together with no arguments, and when it was time for bed, they all went to sleep without any problem. Whew!

Beau brought the kids to the hospital to see Harmony and me. They were so excited. Who am I kidding? He brought them to the hospital so they could watch TV! There was a fabulous family visiting room so we weren't all crowded into my small room. The kids got comfortable and opened their presents from Harmony.

Since this baby wasn't my first time around the block, I was able to escape the clutches of the hospital a day earlier than they require. Thank goodness! Whoever thought that recovering in a hospital was restful had obviously never had to stay in a hospital to recover! I knew I could get better sleep at home with a newborn than in the hospital. I'm grateful for the nurses and their care, but once it's dark in my room, leave me ALONE!
My 6 little minions all lined up.





I love that everyone had to have their chance to hold Harmony, and get their picture taken with her.
I love my kids, and I'm glad to be able to stay home with them.

No comments: