I had asked him ahead of time what he wanted to eat on his birthday. So, his menu consisted of this.
Breakfast: bananas, oranges and fruit punch. (He ate the banana.)
Lunch: pizza and milk
Dinner: pancakes, eggs and bacon and o.j.
His cake was sooooo simple! He is fascinated by monster trucks, so that was his choice. We looked at pictures on the Internet, and he loved the ones that had a dirt track. Simple, simple. Even I couldn't mess it up! Crumble up chocolate cake to resemble dirt, add monster trucks. DONE! He's very lucky it was so simple, because after we sang to him, and I asked him how big of a piece he wanted, he said he didn't want any. Just ice cream. He couldn't wait to play with the trucks. He carries them around everywhere.....well, except for when he's chasing Zachy
and crying, trying to get them back from the little thief.
We had such a fun day. It was very relaxing, mainly because we didn't do school that day. :) We played 1 game of Checkers. We probably would have played more, but since I won against Abi and Everett, they didn't want to play anymore. Now, don't start thinking that I'm mean, I really tried not to win! But if I didn't jump anybody, we would probably still be sitting at that checkerboard! I found a documentary on Netflicks Instant Play on Monster Trucks. Oh man, Everett LOVED it! (Yes, I played a documentary for my children. It was actually quite interesting. It was from the History Channel, the series "Modern Marvels".) Later that night, we watched CARS. By the end of the day, I was very tired of the TV, and I think they were too. But he said he had a great birthday. I'm glad. I love you Everett!
Age 3....The year of Lightning McQueen
Age 2.....Basketball cake
Age 1......I just love this pic!

1 comment:
Wow, that was so long ago! How did the time fly so fast? I love his cake with the trucks - so fun :). I miss you!! I need to call you and give you some news. We may be moving in June . . .
Post a Comment