For the past 3 years, on President's Day, I ran in the 8 mile Great Aloha Run in Honolulu, HI. I even ran it the year that I had Zachary at the beginning of January. He wasn't even 6 weeks old, and yet, I still ran the race. I miss Hawaii so much, especially now that I can't run outside during the winter months. So, in honor of the Great Aloha Run, I ran 8 miles this morning on the treadmill. I had Fox and Friends on the TV, and Eliza in her carseat to keep me company, but it just wasn't the same. :) The upside is, I finally finished 8 miles under 60 minutes! It's so easy to run 7 minute miles on the treadmill! I came so close last year, finishing the GAR in 61 minutes.
When Beau returned from the temple, I left shortly after to get my hair cut. I usually only cut my hair once every couple of years, but since I cut it short, the ends are very noticeable when they get yucky. I have really enjoyed having my hair short. Everett asks me quite frequently when my hair is going to get long again.
While I was gone, the boys should have had quiet time, a.k.a a nap. I failed to tell Beau, and so when I got home, everyone was still wide awake. I was less than thrilled, because I knew I would be dealing with grumpy boys in a couple of hours. Sure enough, this is what happened during dinner at 5pm........
I let him sleep for about 15 minutes, and that gave him enough energy to make it until 7pm. I put them to bed an hour early. Yay!
Oh, and here's my haircut. Still looks the same. Only the yucky ends are missing.
4 comments:
Hey, I ran today too! but nearly as fast or as far (5.5 today). I miss running with you! I'm getting slow without someone to push me! (I did do 9.5 on Saturday though.) Good job doing 8 on the treadmill, I start going crazy after 4 or 5! And your hair looks great too!
love the haircut, saundra! it looks great -
as for the eight mile thing, wow, you never cease to amaze me. i don't think i've ever travelled on my feet for eight miles together...does a bike count? that's with my feet - i'd have to go back to mission times to have something worthy....you're amazing! good for you!
Cute hair!! Does it feel so strange to have really short hair? And you are my hero - 8 miles under an hour - wow!
Your hair looks great! I miss running with you too! I always felt like I was slowing you down though! And if you finished 8 miles in 60 minutes I really was!
Post a Comment