Ah yes, I did forget one thing. The reason I forgot, was because I didn't have any pictures to prove it. 2 Saturdays ago, I ran the Baltimore Marathon. Yes, it was 3 weeks after the Af Marathon. Crazy, I know. Even though I was still tired, and a bit jet lagged from just getting back home from our trip to NM, I had SO MUCH FUN!! There were more than 20,000 people participating in the entire running festival, which included a 5K, 10K, Kids Run, Half Marathon, and the Marathon. I wasn't aiming for any particular time, so I just took it easy, and finished in 4 hours and 22 minutes. Since I didn't push myself, I was hardly even sore the next day. I took the entire week off from any sort of exercise, to let my body recover. I think I'm recovered. Time to get back to business!
While I was running the Baltimore Marathon, Beau was participating in his own, "marathon." He was taking the SAT. What? The SAT? Yes, since Beau is trying to get into a special program, he had to take the SAT. I'm sure he did just fine. We'll find out his scores soon!
So, if I was running.....and Beau was taking a test...... who was watching the kids? A GREAT friend of mine from church came over bright and early at 7am to help us out. She is truly an angel to watch our 4 kids when she is 9 months pregnant with her first child! I hear she took a 4 hour nap when she got home that afternoon. She deserved it!
I have a cousin who is running his first ever marathon in January, in Arizona. If it were on a Saturday, I would fly out and run it with him. But of course, it's not! Our next marathon will be in March.....the National Marathon in Washington DC. I look forward to it.
6 comments:
Man Saundra you are a running machine!! I talked to Rachael today and she said it was so fun to see you guys and that Eliza is so stinking cute! Too bad Kai and Eliza can't play together, they would have fun!
We love your NM pix! We're glad you guys are back and running :D! We're sure Beau did well in his SATs.
Wow, how great. What dedication. :)
You are amazing! I can't imagine running a marathon at all, let alone not being sore the next day. I have decided that you run enough to make up for the fact that i dont - he he!
And I will have to keep you informed, there is a chance that Kevin will be going to Airborn school in October and part of Novemeber - maybe we can get together then? I'll let you know if it is happening.
You are so awesome! I hope to be able to run a marathon some day. :)
woo hoo! i'm so proud of you! so much that i've got to slow you down a bit...you're so awesome to volunteer to run DC with me. no marathon pics, then? from baltimore?
Post a Comment