We took a family road trip to Ohio to visit with some great friends that we knew in Hawaii, and to participate in the Air Force Marathon. 10 hours on the road with 4 kids is not my idea of fun, but we did the best we could. It actually wasn't too bad. We loaded up with snacks, toys and games. We found some pretty cool signs along the way.

Beau Street
Taylorstown
Everett

Chris and Rachael showed us the game of
Cornhole. Despite my horrible aim, it was a lot of fun!

The kids had a blast playing together. I didn't get any pictures, but they sure had fun!

We attended a yummy pasta dinner at the Air Force Museum. Wow! What a museum! Next time we might stay an extra day and spend it in the museum.

In good spirits, before the start of the
marathon. I couldn't believe Chris, eating 2 Crispy Creme Donuts before the start. He was awfully excited about them.

Don't we look so happy? Oh, if we only knew the pain we would be feeling in about 4 hours, we probably wouldn't be smiling so much. Of course we had to take a picture in front of an airplane: The Global Hawk.

Once the race started, we didn't see each other again until the end. Chris finished first. I was shooting to
qualify for the Boston Marathon, which means I would have to finish in 3 hours and 40 minutes. That amounted to 8 minute 24 second miles. I joined a pace group, and was able to hold the pace for 21 miles. I was surprised that I was able to hold it for that long. At mile 21, I was separated from the pace group at a water stop, and the difference was too much for me to make up. I lost my mental strength, and had to slow down quite a bit. The only thing that kept me going, was the thought that I couldn't let Beau pass me. I crossed the finish line in 3:49:33. Beau finished in 3:52:42. I may have finished first, but he finished a whole lot stronger than I did. All in all, it was a great day, even if we cried whenever we had to go up or down stairs for the next couple of days. :)


The ride home was uneventful. Well, between Everett whining every half an hour that, "It's too long," and Eliza's screaming fits, it wasn't too bad.

Zachary was very cute talking to himself and playing with his toys.

A not whining face.....amazing.

I guess this is Beau's impression of the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment