Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Eliza!

I no longer have a baby. Eliza is now 1 year old, and officially a toddler, because she is getting braver at walking. How sad! This past year went by much too quickly. We spent her birthday at home. She had a couple of presents, and cake of course! She had fun with the cake, and when I gave Beau the option of cleaning her or the chair, he picked the chair. I had the easy job. Just stick her in the tub! I took pictures of her throughout the day, to mark this momentous occasion. The day begins with Eliza impersonating Cousin It.

So shy in front of the camera.

Breakfast of juice, and cereal. Of course, they taste better after being thrown on the floor a few times.
After breakfast, it's time to read and eat a few good books.
Eliza's new favorite thing is to climb up onto Zachary's toddler bed.
While I was exercising, she was getting a workout as well.
After all that, she was worn out, so it was nap time.
In the afternoon, after Daddy came home, it was time to go for a ride in the stroller. Zachary is so nice to share his pretzels. Abi and Everett are training to run a 5K. More to come on that this weekend. :)
All right! Time for presents!
Can you see her little hand on the tray? It's almost like she's saying, "Give it to me Mommy! I want it, right now!" (Which is exactly what she was saying, because when I took the tray away to blow out the candle, she SCREAMED!)
She wasted no time in getting down to business. See her closed eyes? She was really getting into it!
Now that she's all full of sugar, it's time to go take a bath.
She was awfully hyper in the bathtub. She wouldn't sit still. I guess she was experiencing a sugar-rush.
Before long, she was joined by Zachary....
And then, before she knows it, EVERYONE is in the tub.
Showing off her new pajamas.

I went back through our pictures, and picked out a few of Eliza. She's changed a little bit. I'm amazed how much her hair has grown!
The wonderful day of Birth.

3 months.
5 months.6 months. 8 months.
1 year old!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

So fun! I'm so glad I get to experience it again. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to. I sure hope this isn't the last time! Just in case....I've taken at least a million pictures! Hahaha! Happy Birthday Eliza! =)

Lani said...

Happy Birthday, Eliza! What a cutie!