Sunday, December 6, 2009
Jingle bells, snow and marshmallows
Saturday was the last 5K in the Runner's Series on Post that our family had been participating in. Everett decided to join in on the "fun" and run his first 5K. He had been training with Abi for almost 3 weeks. What a trooper these kids were! The day of the race started COLD with rain, and ended colder, but with snow! There were a lot of kids running this time around, which was fantastic!
Before the start of the race, our friends were in good spirits, even though it was so cold. They thought it was great to wear red noses and have antlers on their head. I had put bells on all our shoes, only to have them fall off before the end. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?
Here is Everett crying at the finish. Not that I blame him, it was FREEZING! Despite the temperature, he finished around 41 minutes. Abi and I (and Eliza and Zachary) finished not far in front of him and Beau. I'm so proud of my kiddos! I never would have thought to do what they do at their age. I suppose it's just the way of life at our house!
We came home and everyone took warm baths to warm up. I even put their clothes in the dryer to make them extra toasty. They loved that. After all that, they forgot how cold it was outside, and begged to go out and play in the snow.
Of course, Everett had to bat the snowballs. Silly boy.
We were invited to a friends house after dinner for snacks and some Wii play time. Abi and Everett had fun! Of course there were plenty of arguments and bad sportsmanship, which illustrated to me that owning a Wii (or any other gaming console) is definitely NOT in our future!
Eliza and Zachary chilled on the couch with our friend.
Since their house is older, they have a fireplace. They let the kids roast marshmallows. YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Eden keeps asking when she can run a race with me. One thing I can't wait for in CO is more races! Cute pics, and I love your new blog background, I guess I should get on that with ours :)
I love their Christmas clothes! And how has it already been a year since Eliza was born???
I love Abi's dress! You did a great job! Your boys are very handsome with their new haircuts! Well...they were already beforehand, too. You know.... =)
Post a Comment