It was so deep, the kids couldn't walk in it. Beau and I had a hard time moving in it, because it went up to nearly our waist! Nevertheless, that didn't stop Beau from taking the boys out and trying to push them down a hill on their new sleds. We only lasted 15 minutes, because it was so cold, and we were all wet from the snow. Poor Everett got stuck at one point, and cried. It was time to go inside for some hot cocoa.

The first picture was the view out our front porch during the snowfall. The second picture, was taken after Beau shoveled a path to the road. Our garage and driveway are behind our house. There is a small road that the residents on our street utilize to get in and out. After the first snowfall, the plows were not going to be plowing our street. If we wanted or needed to go anywhere, we had to work together. Almost everyone on our street pulled together to shovel our road. It took a few hours. The neighborhood kids had the most fun, climbing on the mountains of snow. As I child, I could only dream of this much snow. I'm glad that my kids got to experience this!



I wasn't much help shoveling the snow, seeing as how we had 4 kids to look after, and the fact that Beau wouldn't let me. I pulled Eliza around in the wagon, and she enjoyed watching everyone. Outside, she may not be able to do much, but inside the house is another matter. She really enjoyed leading Abi around by her hair. Between the two of them, I don't know who had more fun. Silly girls.
The first picture was the view out our front porch during the snowfall. The second picture, was taken after Beau shoveled a path to the road. Our garage and driveway are behind our house. There is a small road that the residents on our street utilize to get in and out. After the first snowfall, the plows were not going to be plowing our street. If we wanted or needed to go anywhere, we had to work together. Almost everyone on our street pulled together to shovel our road. It took a few hours. The neighborhood kids had the most fun, climbing on the mountains of snow. As I child, I could only dream of this much snow. I'm glad that my kids got to experience this!
I wasn't much help shoveling the snow, seeing as how we had 4 kids to look after, and the fact that Beau wouldn't let me. I pulled Eliza around in the wagon, and she enjoyed watching everyone. Outside, she may not be able to do much, but inside the house is another matter. She really enjoyed leading Abi around by her hair. Between the two of them, I don't know who had more fun. Silly girls.
2 comments:
Crazy snow Saundra, I am definitely a tad bit jealous! I cannot believe how old the kids are! My question is why Beau wouldn't let you shovel? Do you have a fun new surprise?
That was A LOT of snow!!! And I thought we had cabin fever for just one day :). And good job not shoveling! :)
Post a Comment