Saturday, May 15, 2010

Run, run, run!

The second Saturday morning of May was dedicated to running another 5K. Beau pushed Zachary and Eliza, and trotted along with Everett. Abi ran it with a friend of ours, while I ran the 10K. It was a bit short of the actual 6.2 miles by quite a bit. Someone said it was 5.5 miles, so it was more like a 9K. Since I ran the 10K, was unable to get any pictures of the kids at the finish line. However, the 10K route overlapped the 5K route at various areas, so I was able to see Abi midway through her run. She looked strong and happy. At another point, I saw Everett cross the finish line! That was fun. He's so cute, and has such a fast finishing kick. I cheered for him, but he was too oblivious to hear anything.
Zachary loves riding in the stroller, but I'm sure he's looking forward to the day when he gets to wear cool running clothes and a bib number. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
The best part of the run, are the refreshments afterwards. Gatorade and granola bars. Eliza and Zachary enjoy the spoils of victory just as much as Abi and Everett.
Here is the Ft. Meade Ward running group. 15 kids all together, including 6 future runners that are currently taking it easy in the strollers.

No comments: