6 months seems to go by super fast. Once again, it was time for another weekend of General Conference. I try to make it exciting for the kids with games, activities, and of course food!
Due to the time difference, the morning session of Conference falls during our lunch time. To make it easier on myself, I prepared sack lunches ahead of time so that whenever someone said they were hungry, they found their sack with their name, and ate whatever they found in it. It worked so well, I am definitely going to keep this tradition!I always have coloring pages and other activities for the kids to do. This time included making jewelry from pipe cleaners and beads. Eliza is sporting her new necklace while enjoying her sack lunch.
A reverence tent of some sort is always constructed.
On Sunday morning we had a yummy breakfast of homemade whole wheat cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, and strawberries. It looks like the frosting on the cinnamon roll is happy to see me. Don't know how that turned out, but it looks cool!
Sariah even had fun coloring and showing me what she did.
This time around we had pictures depicting different gospel topics up on the wall, and the kids had to listen to what the speaker was talking about and decide which picture best describes the talk. Abi was really into it, and Everett would join in on occasion.
Once Daddy enters the reverence tent, reverence goes right out the window. For some reason everyone thinks it's time to attack and be crazy.
The older three kids colored, cut out, and glued Book of Mormon paper dolls.
Once the last session was completed, it was time to enjoy some ice cream sundaes. The more talks they listened to, the more toppings they got to put on. I think they agree that this is another tradition to hang on to! See you in 6 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment