We would have done a couple of more things, but Abi was sick, and then all three boys got sick. On Saturday morning we all participated in a 5K run. Even though Beau was feeling like garbage, he still got up and pushed the triple stroller. It wasted him, so he slept all afternoon, to make up for it. We've had an enjoyable 2 weeks, but it's always sad to see Beau go back to work. And, school for 8 more weeks.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Time off for good behavior
Beau took 2 weeks off from work. The first week he studied for his finals. Which, of course he passed with A's!! We'll be getting the letter from the Dean soon saying that he's on "his list." Good job honey! We spent a lot of time together, and apart. Beau spent a day and a half at the church cannery, canning away. I spent some time getting aquainted with my new running shoes and iPod that I got for Mother's Day. Ahh, it's great to be a mother! 
Eliza got to go for a ride, and I think she enjoyed the new shoes and music as well. :)
We visited Andrews AFB to see the Thunderbird airshow. As we drove onto the base, I felt right at home. It felt different than the Army post. I didn't realize it, but I sure had missed the feel of an Air Force Base.
Once Zachary got over his fear of the planes, he waved. Everett, who was the most excited of everyone to go to the airshow, spent most of the time crying with his hands over his ears, begging us to go home. He didn't like the loud noise.
But he didn't mind looking in the cockpit of an F-16, because afterall, he is going to be a fighter pilot when he grows up. If he can get over the noise, that is. :)
The community center down the road had a Resident's picnic, complete with food, bouncy houses, prizes and a fire truck.
Beau was such a good sport and showed Abi how to do the hula hoop. Wiggle them hips!
This is how Zachy catches. He closes his eyes, ducks his head and squeals. I think we need to work on that!
But, wow! Check out that arm!
Future firefighter?
Everett practicing his bike skills. He's getting braver!
Now, look at this brave boy! He's so cute with the princess bike helmet. Nothing is going to get him on the sidewalk!
I should have taken a video of this. If only you could hear the sound effects that accompanied this picture! I don't know which kid had more fun. :)
I left Eliza in her swing for 2 minutes while I ran upstairs for something. This is how I found her when I came back down. Poor baby.
We made a trip to Mt. Vernon. We couldn't have asked for better weather. In the spring and summer months, the gardens are in full swing, along with volunteers dressed in clothing of the time period.
We took a boat ride along the Potomac river. I should mention, an air conditioned boat ride. If you squint, you can see Mt. Vernon in the background.
I tried giving Eliza rice cereal for the first time.
I don't think she liked it.
The pool opened on Saturday, and this is how Everett spent the majority of the time. Granted, he wasn't feeling well, and the water was freezing. So I won't give him a hard time. :)
Abi could care less how cold the water was. She has been counting down to this day all winter long. She wasn't going to let something as trivial as the water temperature stop her from having a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's always hard to go back to reality after a break, isn't it? Nice ipod, mine's green :) I can TOTALLY tell Eliza really appreciated the new shoes and ipod too! ;)
Of course! Beginning and Ending with running. You guys look like you're up to a lo t of fun things.
Fun post :). I love reading about all the cool things you guys do around there.
Post a Comment