On Saturday evening, a group of gals and I had an awesome ladies night out. We drove an hour to Frederick to participate in a 5K. I know, we're crazy. 2 hours of driving for just 3.1 miles? We had a blast! The race was in the evening, at 7pm, so we were all exhausted because it was the end of the day. Oh well! It was fun, and the weather was perfect! Overcast and 66 degrees with 68% humidity.
(Ariella, Angela, Crissy, Me, Arlynda. Not pictured: Joanna, and Angela's husband who showed up to surprise her and run with her.)

That was the largest 5K that I have run in, with 808 runners. My friend Crissy and I were fast enough to place 1st in our age divisions! I'm so glad that we're in different age groups, because she finished 15 seconds ahead of my 22:23! Our whole group ran very well, and finished the race strong. We were all in such a great mood, and were ready to reward ourselves with some ice cream. Our excitement was short lived, however, when we were leaving and some of our friends who were driving in another vehicle were involved in a minor fender bender. Thankfully, everyone was OK, but it sure put a damper on
everyone's spirits.
I got home well after the kids were in bed, so I wasn't able to show them my award until morning. When they came into our room in the morning, Beau told them that I got an award for running. Abi got so happy, and asked if I got 3rd? 2nd? When I held up the #1, she jumped up and down and was so excited! You would have thought she won it. She makes me feel so good. I always want to do my best for her, because she is such a great supporter.
Thank you Beau, for stepping up to the plate and taking care of the kids that night so I could run. I love you!
PS. The name "Twilight" had nothing to do with the Twilight book series. It's just because the race was run in the evening. :)
5 comments:
I haven't seen a girls night out like yours before. Looks like you all enjoyed it and way to go with your first place! Aren't husbands the best...what would we do without them :)
Congrats! You're lucky to have so many friends crazy enough to drive that far for a 5K. :)
Gread job. I should have gotten tips from you while we lived so close. What a great example you are :)
You are amazing!! I wish I was in that great of shape :).
Hi Sandra! I just found your blog while poking around at the Addington's blog :) Yay for the 5k, and yay for you because that run was probably cake compared to all the other type of running that you talked about in Sacrament Meeting today. I remember you said something about you hitting "the wall" at the 20th mile?! I think I'd hit it a lot sooner, I dunno, I've never cared to run that far, hee-hee. Love ya :)
Post a Comment