Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Zach Attack!

My baby boy is 3 years old! And, boy does he have the attitude to go with it! His favorite response to anything I ask him is, "I AM!" Now, whether he is actually doing what I ask him to do is another story.... I indulged my little Jedi by making him a Star Wars cake. I love simplicity, and it doesn't get much easier than this!
It has become tradition for Beau to write Happy Birthday on our white board, and draw some sort of picture to fit the occasion. Even though Zachary adores the Jedis, do you see a resemblance to Yoda?? (Referring to the ears.) :)
He proceeded to play with the figurines, and break them within a matter of minutes. Imagine that!
I could only find an XS in the boys section for a Star Wars shirt, so it looks more like a nightgown. Oh well, that just means he can wear it for the next couple of years. Waste not, want not!
His Grandpa Dale and Grandma Ann sent him some Lightning McQueen stickers and coloring book. He played quietly with them for about an hour, and surprisingly enough, all the stickers found their way onto paper, and not on walls, or books! A miracle! He also got 3 dollars, and as soon as Abi saw them, she asked him if he wanted to share. He understands enough to know better! Happy Birthday Zachary!

2 comments:

the ohana said...

Happy birthday, Zach!! I'm sorry I didn't even bring him anything when I came. I have no idea! It looked like I brought a present for Eliza instead.
I love the cake! You always make the coolest cake. You should see how pitiful my cake was for Mike on his bday.

Lisa Brown said...

Awesome! I am sure that Derek will want a cake like that for his birthday next year :).