Sunday, January 10, 2010

Question for You Medical Types

Eliza received her immunizations about a couple of weeks ago. Shortly thereafter, there was a little red bump and it has progressively worsened and now looks like the image above. We're making an appointment with a doctor for her, but I am wondering if anybody has seen anything like this...it's kind of creepy. Hopefully Eliza's body just fights it off.

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Was it at the injection site? It almost looks like a really scary spider bite. I hope it turns out to be no big deal though.

Melanie said...

Hmmm. If that was the injection site, she is probably allergic to something from the injection - although it looks to be isolated at the site - perhaps latex or the serum the vaccine was injected with???? Let me know, I'm curious!!! The rest of her looks fine!

Lani said...

I would guess maybe an infection at the injection site. Let me know what you find out. It does look a little worrisome. Hopefully its noting major :)