Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday my young Apprentice

Zachary turned 4 this month. My, how the years have flown by! I didn't think this boy was ever going to come out and enjoy this world. He was 10 days late! He captured my heart from the first moment I laid eyes on him. He is such a sweetie. Of course, it was a Star Wars birthday. What else would a padawan have?
Breakfast was his choice of pancakes, bacon and orange juice.
We invited a few friends from church to join in the festivities. 3 cute little girls came to celebrate. Zachary is ahead of his time, only inviting girls! They had fun fighting balloons with pipe cover light sabers.
Princess Leia (AKA Eliza) tried to cheat when it came to pin-the-light-saber on the Jedi.
I'm thinking Zachary needs to rely on the force, instead of Abi's assistance.
Such an easy cake to make!!!
Everyone singing to him. He loved the attention.
He was having trouble blowing out the candles, so Everett said, "Use the force, Zachary!" Maybe we should call him Yoda.
These youngsters passed the Jedi trials. Our universe is safe with them.
Later that evening, we were invited to participate in a Family Home Evening potluck with several families from the ward. We met at a nearby community center and enjoyed a delicious potluck with all sorts of goodies.
Somehow, the kids found the movie room, and parked themselves in front of the big screen.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

It looks like he had so much fun. And I am with you on that cake - so much easier than so many I have made!! Tell him happy late birthday from us :).