Wednesday, April 27, 2011

General Conference Weekend

Every 6 months we have the privilege of listening to our church leaders speak over a 2 day period on a variety of topics. Not to mention beautiful music by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir. General Conference is presented in 2 hour blocks, 2 times a day, for a total of 8 hours. The men have an extra 2 hours on one evening. That is a looong time to sit and listen to talks and music. Thankfully, there are plenty of websites available with craft ideas, coloring pages, and games to help pass the time. It's also very convenient that we get to listen to it in our own home! Everett had the most fun with the crafts this time. This is his balloon man complete with the full armor of God. See Ephesians chapter 6.

He put together First Presidency toilet paper puppets, complete with a "no pulp" pulpit.

Even Eliza had a great time coloring. I let them use the markers that are normally reserved for school, so they thought it was special. I learned the Eliza is just not ready for markers. Let's just say I'm glad they were washable. :)

It took a lot of work to get this off center, blurry picture of Beau utilizing the Reverence Tent. He was quite reverent in it, I assure you.

He didn't want proof that he was eating popcorn for a snack like everyone else.

I love this one. He was caught pink-handed using Eliza's blanket to keep his feet warm.

We'll say that he was praying in this one. :)

Oh, and he's hiding behind Zachary, but it looks good. :)

Sariah crawled around and sampled crumbs and crayons that she found on the floor.

Day 2, and the kids are still coloring, cutting, and smiling. Zachary is smiling. He just forgot to tell his face.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

Love the pictures of Beau with your play by play :).