Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Break, day 2

Day 2 of Spring Break was cold and rainy. I still didn't want to stay at home. Beau was gone all week to San Antonio for house hunting, so it was a good way to distract the kids. (And me, because I was anxious to see what house we were going to get after looking at them online for weeks!)



We went with our great friends the Sypherts to the Chesapeake Children's Museum. It's not much to look at on the outside, that's for sure. But the inside is a child's dream come true. It's definitely not a museum for adults. It's actually kind of boring. I guess that's fair, since I'm sure the kids are bored with most museums that adults like to go to! Inside this shabby building is practically every toy that a child could use to spark their imagination. Clara wasn't content with pretending to steer the boat. She wanted to climb it and check out the riggings and mast. This girl was everywhere on top......
.....and inside. There was a sign that said not to put toys in the smoke stack. It didn't say anything about children, so Clara tried to climb right in. The sign might need to be updated. :)

A kitchen complete with every type of plastic food imaginable.

Hello? Anyone there? I need a taxi to the airport.

Sariah offered her services as a toy cleaner.

So many great blocks to build whatever sparks their interest.

Spiderman is ready for work at the construction site.

I would love to have a permanent table for our train set.

Spiderman, a princess, and Clara. Clara missed the memo that this was a character row boat.

These two girls had so much fun chasing each other around.

A doll house with all the fixings.

Of course Eliza found the prettiest princess dress she could find, and complete the look with fairy wings.
Then it was time to dance at the ball.

The craft area had paint, markers, crayons, glue, paper, scissors, bins with various scraps of everything one would want to create. Abi found a plastic butterfly that she painted.

If the Spiderman costume wasn't enough, now he's got a wig on. Even Spiderman has to be incognito every once in a while to escape his fans.

An entire room is dedicated to nothing but dress ups. Perfect for finding the right costume to put on a play.

Watch out! He's got a web!

Um, I think you might be a tad too big for that boat Eliza.

There was a rabbit, corn snake, and turtles for the kids to look at and touch, if they dared. Clara was up to the challenge.

Ride 'em, cowgirl!

King Everett. One day you just might have muscles like that, Zachary.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I love children's museums, but I have a fear thing against the hats and wigs in the dress-up clothes. All I can think about are kids spreading icky things like lice.