Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Zachy!

Zachary's birthday was last weekend. We didn't celebrate it on the actual day because we had a ward activity to attend and we volunteered to set up for it, plus he was sick as could be. He was sick last year on his birthday as well. I wonder if he's starting a trend. Hmm... Another reason for postponing the celebration was because we had a wonderful surprise for the kids. Beau's Dad was flying in from New Mexico to spend the week with us. We chose not to tell them, because they would drive us nuts with questions questions questions!
(I stayed home with Everett, Zachary and of course Eliza on Sunday from church, because all 3 were sick! Everett and Zachy had high fevers, and wouldn't eat anything. Eliza had an upper respiratory infection. Thankfully, everyone was completely better by Wednesday!)
After everyone got over the shock of having Grandpa here, and the boys and I took much needed naps, we headed off to play duckpin bowling. Never heard of it? Neither had I until we moved here. The pins are half as small as regular pins, and the ball weighs roughly 5 pounds. Perfect for kids to do it on their own. Abi and Everett had so much fun! They would give each other high 5's after their turns.

Don't be fooled! It might look like Abi rolled that ball awfully fast. In all reality, it was a miracle if any ball the kids bowled made it to the pins. They just weren't strong enough to put enough speed on the balls. But they loved it!

Oh, and I have something to mention. The kids had their own lane, and the adults had their own lane. Well, Dale and I tied scores, so that means someone came in last. Hmm. Who could that be? Beau! I was so excited that I beat Beau at something! I won't say the number, since the score itself isn't anything to brag about. :) (I love you Beau!)
When we were done, we went home for dinner, cake and ice cream. Even though Zachy was still under the weather, he found room for his favorite dinner...spaghetti.

I decided to make his cake looks like cars, since he enjoys playing with and throwing cars at the walls. I had fun making the cakes. (And I didn't throw any at the walls.)

And he had fun eating the wheels. He ate his ice cream, and the OREO, but left the cake.

Here is Zachy on his 2nd birthday.........

Here he is on his 1st birthday.......


And here he is just a few days old, going for a ride in the laundry basket. I love you Zachary!













3 comments:

the ohana said...

Happy belated birthday, Zach!! Saundra, you're awespome, the cake looks so cute! Is there anything that you can't do?!. You're truly a super mom!

Lisa Brown said...

We love bowling! Those tiny bowling balls look so cool too. What a great bday :).

Christy said...

Awesome job on the cakes. I am truly impressed.