Sunday, April 19, 2009

A family that runs together.....

....stays together.

On Saturday we all woke up early to participate in a 5K on post. Since there is no quadruple running stroller in existence, I pushed Eliza and Beau pushed the other 3. Even if there was a quadruple running stroller, I would NOT push it! I have to draw the line somewhere. :) The race was a lot of fun. The weather was absolutely PERFECT!! Eliza slept, and Abi, Everett and Zachy enjoyed their ride. "Faster Daddy, faster!!"

According to my friend that I invited to run, the 5K which is supposed to be 3.1 miles, was actually 3.3 miles. If that's the case, then my time of 23.36 figured out to 7 minute miles. Woo hoo! Not bad, considering I haven't pushed a stroller in months, and have done all of my runs on a treadmill. Oh, and not to mention I still have a solid 13 pounds left to lose. I better get busy, because summer is coming fast, and I have a few more races to participate in.


5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

You and your jogging strollers always make me smile :). And yes, you amazing runner, are still my hero!

Melanie said...

You're my hero, too!

Jill said...

holy smokes. that's just awesome - 7 min. mile. the only thing we make in 7 min around here is a BIGGER MESS............

Christy said...

I know what's cheaper than a quadruple stroller, Running shoes for Abby. hahaha

Anonymous said...

how do you run that fast without your legs falling off? I would like to get faster but when I get down to a 7:30 my legs feel like they are going to fall right off!