It was such a beautiful day today, so the kids and I ate lunch outside at the little park across the street from our house. After we were finished, I brought what was left back inside the house. When I returned to the park, Abi came up to me with something dripping from her hands. She also had a look of TOTAL disgust on her face. She said she had found an egg, and now had egg yolk on her fingers. I asked her to show me the egg, because I thought maybe some other kids had brought raw eggs outside and left them as a joke. She pointed to the eggshells. They were not white, like I suspected, but a very pretty blue, and awfully small. I said they were bird eggs. She then pointed to the nest that the mother bird had made in the playground. She said she had found the egg on the ground. All this time, she has been spitting on the ground. I finally put two and two together.... Abi spitting.... colorful eggshells. "Abi, did you think this was candy, and put it in your mouth?!!?" She nods her head. Trying VERY HARD not to laugh (or vomit), I sent her inside to wash her hands and brush her teeth. When she came back outside, she was still quite disgusted. I asked her if she learned anything today.
"Yes. Not to pick up anything off the ground and put it in my mouth!"
Well, hallelujah! I have been trying to get that through her head for years now. I'm glad something finally got the message across!!

3 comments:
Hahahahaha! That's both hilarious and disgusting at the same time! Poor kid! Well...at least she learned an important lesson - huh? =)
hee-hee, poor Abby! good thing that you don't live anywhere with goats near by, their poop looks like raisins.my cousin, not me ;) learned that leason too.
In her defense, they do look like Cadbury mini-eggs :).
Post a Comment