
On July 3rd, we traveled north of Baltimore to Oregon Ridge to attend an outdoor concert by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful night. Perfect temperature, uplifting music, and LOUD fireworks!
Abi was more interested in the fireflies, than in the music.

Everett was very concerned about the loud noise, and insisted on wearing Beau's ear protection from the moment we arrived at the venue. He is terrified of fireworks.

We all had a good time. We didn't bring any ticks home with us, which is a good thing.

We got home after midnight, and I think this picture sums up the way everyone felt. :)

On the 4
th of July, we were invited to spend the evening with some friends. This little girl is 2 months older than Eliza. She is so petite, you would think their ages should be the other way around. They were quite taken with each other. I think they'll be good friends. The fireworks display was wonderful that night, from what I gather. I was inside the house, protecting Everett from the dangerous sounds of the fireworks. I hope he grows out of this, because I like fireworks, and didn't like having to miss out!
Abi lost her first tooth on July 1st. She is very excited. She was visited by the "tooth fairy," and received a gold dollar. A week later, she lost the one right next to it. She said she went to wiggle it, and it was gone! She doesn't know where it fell out at. She asked me if I could just give her the money anyway. I told her, "No tooth! No money!" She was pretty sad. I was kidding of course, and placed the money under her pillow that night. Even though she knows there's no such thing as the tooth fairy, she still puts her tooth under her pillow.
3 comments:
How sad Everett doesn't like fireworks. Maybe if you watched them from far away? Derek was a little nervous, but he just latched onto my wedding ring in a death grip, and then was fine :).
Lily told me that "Abi's mom is the tooth fairy, did you know that, mom? She sure is fast, I never see her come in and leave money! Besides, what does she do with all my teeth?"
I love the sleepy pic in the car. Abi's neck looks like it's going to fall off.
Post a Comment