Before the race, nice and dry.....
I have been slow in posting about a run I did with a friend in Baltimore a few weeks ago. The forecast called for rain, and we weren't disappointed. It began sprinkling before the gun went off, and by the time we finished the first mile, we were completely soaked. It rained off and on the entire race. I LOVED it! I would much rather run in the rain than in the heat. There was a lot of thunder and lightning. I turned up the volume on my iPod, and put my head down, and ran. There were over 2,000 runners, so I figured my chances of getting struck by lightning were slim, but I didn't want to see it coming. My friend placed 3rd in her age group. I finished far behind the leaders in my age group. They were running well under 7 minute miles. I possibly could have hung with them for a 5K, but not 10 miles. My age group had 340 runners, and I finished 28th. So, not too bad, but certainly nothing to brag about.
1 comment:
I think just running the ten miles is something to brag about! You are awesome!
Post a Comment