Sunday, July 5, 2009

What have we been up to?

I have been slacking quite a bit in the blogging department. There is just too much to write about, so I'll give a short summary for each person......

BEAU:
What can I say, he's awesome. He was called a few weeks ago as High Priest Group Leader. He is doing the best he can with the limited amount of time he has between work and school. School will be over in 2 weeks. He'll have the chance to run more, which I'm sure he's looking forward to. See, we signed up to run the Air Force Marathon in September, so he needs to start logging some serious miles. :)

ABIGAIL:
Abi reached 2 milestones recently. First, she turned 6 years old. Second, she lost her first tooth a few days later. She is excited about both, and tells everyone she meets about her accomplishments. To celebrate her birthday, we spent the day at Port Discovery, a Children's Museum in Baltimore. She loves ladybugs, so I made her a game "pin the spot on the ladybug." She loved it. Her cake was also a ladybug. She is loving summer, and enjoys playing outside with her friend, Emma ALL THE TIME! We have spent a lot of time at the pool, so we're all sporting a tan. Oh, and we got her a new bike for her birthday, and she is having so much fun riding it around. Did I mention that she is 6 going on 16 in way of her attitude???

EVERETT:
Everett has discovered a passion for playing in the dirt. Every day he asks to play outside in the dirt. He's quite cute, despite the fact that he comes in covered in dust, or mud, depending on the weather. He is showing a lot of interest in reading, so I need to jump on that and help him read more. He is quite proud of the fact that he can write his own name. He spends a lot of time drawing planes, cars, trucks and the like. He's getting quite good. We attended an Art Show at a friends house who is also homeschooling. Everett drew a fighter jet, and enjoyed showing it to all the girls, who had no idea what he was talking about.

ZACHARY:
Our caveman is learning more grunts that remotely sound like the English language. He is the most independant 2-year-old that we have had. If he's hungry, he'll go find something in the kitchen to eat, whether he is allowed to or not. He is quite sweet when he wants to be, and is surprisingly soft with Eliza. The cutest thing I think he does, is go around the house humming, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." Abi learned that song on the piano, and he has taken to it. He loves the pool, and especially enjoys when it's time to eat.

ELIZA:
While Abi has been working on losing her teeth, Eliza has been working hard at growing teeth. She now has 2 teeth on the bottom. After a lot of pain, tears, and many sleepless nights on both our parts, they are finally here to stay. (At least for a few years.) Eliza is now 7 months old, and weighs in at a hefty 20 pounds, 28 1/2 inches long, and is quickly outgrowing her 12 month clothing. She refuses to eat any food, so she is still solely nursing. I'm not too worried, since she seems to be thriving. :) Despite her chunk, she is quite mobile. She gets to wherever she wants to rather quickly. She has shown some interest in crawling, and on occasion I'll catch her practicing. I love this little baby. She is growing so fast. Obviously. :)

SAUNDRA:
Summer has been a lot of fun. Since we are taking a short break from home schooling, I am enjoying some extra time to run and workout. Like I mentioned earlier, Beau and I are going to run the AF Marathon. I will be doing the Baltimore Marathon 3 weeks after that, and we are signed up to run the National Marathon in DC next March. After I had run my first (and only) marathon before I got married, I wanted to run a marathon in between each pregnancy. That hasn't happened, due to the fact that all the marathons that have been in the areas that we have lived, have been on Sundays. So I'm making up for lost time. :) The kids and I enjoyed an afternoon with a friend of ours from Hawaii who was in DC for a week with her husband. It was wonderful to spend some time with her. I'm looking forward to seeing more friends from our past in the next few months. It's great to have paths cross again.

That is our life in a nutshell. I have more pics, and a video to share as well. Look for those in the coming week. I promise. :)

3 comments:

Lani said...

Eden has the same 'ready to take on the world' attitude! I also had the goal for a marathon between each pregnancy, but haven't felt compelled to make up for it- maybe I'll get crazy and join you in the spring, I'll have to look into that.... and I'm working on wearing Scott down for a marathon sometime next year, since he'll finish up his online program while he's deployed this fall, so I'm interested to hear how coordinating marathon training for 2 in a family of 6 works for you guys. Oh, and I'm sure I've told you this before, but I really miss running with you!

Christy said...

Sounds like all is good with you guys. I couldn't view the slide show though. Truly inspiring with your running. I'm wondering when Abi is going to do her first marathon...I'm sure you're inspiring to her too. :)

Lisa Brown said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome. I had to laugh that Eliza doesn't like eating solid food, since both my kids were the same way. They skipped the baby food stage completely, and went straight to table food. Thank goodness they were nursing so, like you, I knew they were fine :).

And you are such an amazing runner - you are my hero. Now that we are finally all unpacked, I need to get back to my exercise routine :).