
I had told the boys that since Daddy was making them a bunk bed, I would make them a quilt to go with it. They could not make up their mind about which character they wanted.
Spiderman. Batman. Superman. Buzz. Woody. Star Wars. They couldn't make up their mind, so I told them to forget the characters. Pick 5 colors. They chose red, blue, and green to represent the colors of the light sabers of
Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan
Kenobi, and Darth
Vadar. The black and brown
represent the main colors of
Anakin and Obi
Wan's clothing. I was skeptical at first, but I think they turned out to look quite nice! Everett wanted a brighter green, and Zachary chose a darker green.

Eliza has been caught up in a Princess storm lately. Every day she has to wear this dress, and dance to the Nutcracker music. One afternoon, Zachary brought me the dress and asked me to help him put it on. I told him, "Um, this is a dress." He said, "I know. I want to wear it." He was already wearing his Obi Wan
Kenobi costume, so I put the dress on over it. He put on his belt, and fashioned a dagger out of blocks. He is a Jedi Princess.


We spent a chilly evening at our friends' house, warming up by the fire. We played games, the kids watched a movie, and enjoyed a Hawaiian Christmas book read to them by Sis. Keck.
Abi had the best seat in the house. The fire was so nice and warm. Next time we'll have to remember to take marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers.
2 comments:
The quilts look great! Good job! Both of my boys like to wear the girl dress-ups sometimes. It'll be fun to show those pics to their future girlfriends! :D
Can we say "blackmail pictures"? Awesome! And I love the quilts too - i love the story of how they picked the colors.
Post a Comment