Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Funny sayings

As I lay in bed last night before falling asleep, I was thinking about some of the funny stories that I have to tell Beau because of our kids. I want to be able to remember them, so I am going to try and record them here. That way the kids can look back and remember the funny things they said and did.

** I was sitting on the couch with Eliza when she burped. She looked surprised for a moment, laughed, and then said, "Oops! I tooted with my mouth!"

** In the fall of 2010, Everett and Zachary found some acorns outside on our walk home from the Community Center. Later in the morning, they are both in the downstairs bathroom washing them in the sink. Abi tries to go into the bathroom, and I hear Everett yell at her, "Abi! You can't come in the bathroom! Me and Zachy are washing our nuts!" I just about died laughing, and had to call Beau at work to tell him. I don't know how much he understood, because I was laughing so hard.

** I took the kids to Burba Lake in November, 2010 so that Abi could practice running for the upcoming 5K that she was determined to do well at. It was a very cold and windy day. I had told the kids to bring proper clothing. Zachary, being 3 at the time insisted on wearing a lightweight jacket, without a hat and gloves and claimed that he wouldn't be cold. As we start walking around, the cold wind picks up. Who is the first one to claim he is cold? Zachary of course! Before I could even say anything, Everett whips off his thick warm jacket and hands it to Zachary. I was touched that he would so selflessly give up his jacket so that his brother could be warm. Everett had on a long sleeve shirt and gloves, so he was OK at first. By the time we reached the park that they wanted to play at, he was shivering. Since Zachary had been running with Everett's heavy jacket on, he said, "Here, Everett. You can have this jacket back. I'm hot. " As Zachary ran away, I told Everett that I was very proud of him for giving his jacket to Zachary. I told him that Jesus was proud of him too, because that is something he would have done. Everett smiled so big, gave me a hug, then went running after Zachary.

** About a year ago we had the missionaries over for dinner. When dinner was over, they began talking to us about Joseph Smith. They asked Abi about the Holy Ghost. Abi said, "I don't know anything about the Holy Ghost. We don't talk about that much." Everyone busted up laughing. One of the Elders even had to write that down in his notebook of funny quotes from people. Ah, kids!

** Just a few weeks ago, Beau was sitting with the kids at the table after dinner. Beau tells Zachary, "Man! You're a handsome boy. We should have named you Beau." Zachary, with all the defiance a 4-year-old can muster retorted, "No, you should name yourself Zachary!"

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I love it! Especially the nuts story. So awesome :).