
Zachary was asked to say the 3rd Article of Faith in Primary a few weeks ago. When I first told him what he had to do, he said that he wanted me to stand by him and whisper in his ear. I told him that I refuse to whisper in my children's ear. They are smart enough to memorize anything. I will stand next to them for moral support and hold up pictures if necessary, but I won't whisper in their ears. That drives me NUTS!!! We began working on it. After a few days, I started to think that I might have to whisper in his ear! We repeated it over and over and over again. It just wasn't sticking. I decided to make a poster with pictures to help him learn the harder words. It worked like a charm! After 1 afternoon of practicing with the poster, he had it down! He LOVED it! Once we got him to slow down a little bit and
annunciate certain words, he was ready for Primary. He was so confident, he told me that he didn't want me to stand by him. Come Sunday, my little Sunbeam stood up and recited the 3
rd Article of Faith perfectly. Most Sunbeams are terrified of the microphone, and are too shy to say anything into it. Almost all the adults in the room dropped their jaws to see him do it all by himself. I was quite proud of him, and he continues to recite it all the time.
1 comment:
Way to go Zachary!
Post a Comment