Our FINAL day on the road to New Mexico....yipee!! We were on our (second to last) leg of our journey. We had roughly 8 hours of driving to get us to my Mom's house. Then no more driving for over a week. Plus, we were going to be visiting with family, and Beau was driving from San Antonio to Los Lunas at the same time. That was a comforting thought, and that is what got us through the last 8 hours.
The kids are amazing travelers, I have to hand it to them. Even Sariah handled things beautifully, considering she was in a rear facing seat the entire time. Abi was an absolute ANGEL by helping to keep Sariah happy, and handing snacks and other things to the kids in the back. Plus, she became the master of working the portable DVD player. They would spend the mornings listening to books on CD, singing songs, coloring, playing with toys, or just making up fun things to do along the way. I won't turn on the movies until after lunch, so Zachary would ask constantly when we were stopping for lunch. :) Funny thing was, about half the time he would fall asleep and miss half of the movie he was so anxious to watch! I made sure that we stayed at hotels that had a pool so the kids could get out some energy before bedtime. They love to travel, and honestly, they are so good about things, I find it rather enjoyable as well.
We made it to my Mom's house in record time, and unloaded the van and stretched out our legs. We had about 4 hours to wait for Beau. He had much further to travel than we did, plus he drives a bit slower than I do. :) We had 10 days to enjoy time with family before we loaded up the van again to head to our new house in San Antonio, TX!
No comments:
Post a Comment