You may remember back in Maryland a post about a Super Dad who built bunk beds for his kids. Well, we seem to have brought him with us to Texas. I really wanted some sort of play structure for the kids to play on in the backyard. I looked online at countless different structures, ranging in price and durability. I showed Beau a local contractor that could custom build a playground, and when Beau saw his pictures, he said he could do something like that but for cheaper. He got out his trusty pencil and paper, made a design, wrote out a shopping list, and went to Home Depot. It took him less than 1 week to piece it together. The kids would make constant trips outside to check on the progress, or to take him water. They never lasted very long. I don't blame them; it was August in Texas after all!
Even the boys wanted to help. They were so cute working together to bring the wood around from the front.
Nothing like teamwork!
I love to take pictures as the project progresses. It's fun to look back and see the process.
I don't know how many screws he used, but he used a lot! This structure is not going anywhere, that's for sure!
Beau was adamant about there being monkey bars. He said every child needs to learn how to use monkey bars. Plus, we adults could do pull ups on them as well. :)
The little girls had to test out the swings. Yup, they work!
Now the fun part....staining.
The three big kids had to test out the rings.
I like the contrast between the stained side, and the non-stained side.
Once the monkey bars arrived in the mail, Beau went to work installing them.
The finished product! Man, these kids are certainly lucky to have such an awesome Super Dad! This is the best thing since sliced homemade bread.
1 comment:
Wow. Yes, that is a super Dad. Who needs Burba Lake when you've got a Beau?
Post a Comment