Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Abi!

Abi celebrated her 8th birthday before we left Maryland. It seems that she has a birthday right around the time that we move. She was currently fascinated by the Disney movie, Tangled. She tried to be like Rapunzel. I made her a purple dress. She braided herself a long yellow braid that she pretended was 70 feet long and flowing tresses. Naturally, she chose a Tangled theme for her party. We played pin-the-frying pan-on-Flynn. Beau shared his talents and drew the wanted poster for the game.


Even I tried it. :) 
 Next, we made Pascal party blowers. It was a simple, fun craft that the kids enjoyed.
 Oh good, they work!
Next, everyone got to try their hand at chalk drawing, just like Rapunzel did when she visited the kingdom. I thought that was a better idea than letting them paint indoors on a wall. That was an idea I saw on one mom's blog. Is she nuts?? 
Now, Rapunzel didn't get to go to a pool. But she did swim in the cave with Flynn while they were trapped. So we ended the party at the swimming pool with pizza and cupcakes. Of course our Syphert girls were there to celebrate. It wouldn't be a party without them! 

Grandpa Dale was in town for the weekend. We were so happy to have him there. 
Sister Keck joined us at the pool, and that suited Eliza just fine! 
 The cake was simple.....cupcakes with the sun piped on it. Easy. Peasy.
I guess they had enough of Rapunzel for one afternoon.

No comments: