Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our last 5K in Maryland

Our great friend captured a few moments from our last 5K on Ft. Meade in June. Here is Abi just cruising along trying to place in her age group.
I was running with a boy from Abi's track team. His mom and I became friends, and she asked me (well, he asked her to ask me) if I would run with him and help him get a PR. I started the race back in the pack, so I had to sprint to catch up with him. I had already ran 7 miles prior to this run, so by the time we were coming up on the finish line, I was pretty tired. Sam was such a trooper, and is a fantastic runner! He did get a PR that day, and was quite pleased with his efforts.
 I went back to find Beau and the other kids. Everett finishes so well! I am very proud of this little guy! I love to see how content the other 3 are in the stroller.
We took a family picture, and had to include our "grandma".
 Erica, Melissa, and Kimberly. Such wonderful women!
Abi placed first in her age category, and I placed 2nd. Sariah gets 1st for being so stinking cute!

No comments: