A friend of mine took this picture for me, since I was on the side of the font to help Abi out and help her get dressed. I'm so glad she caught such a precious moment. I thought that I would be teary on this day, but I surprised myself and didn't cry a single tear. Highly unusual for me. Abi was all smiles, and she was very chatty while she dried off and got dressed. She was excited for the day, and her new dress she got to wear.
Originally, Abi had asked Grandpa Dale to give the talk at her baptism. The reason being, we thought she would be baptized in New Mexico. When those plans fell through, she asked Sister Keck to give the talk. Turns out, Grandpa would be flying in for her baptism! Abi was worried about what to do. Beau and I suggested that she ask Grandpa to perform the confirmation. He was quite touched that she would ask that, and of course said yes.
After we shared brownie cookies, fruit, and veggies with our good friends who came to support Abi on this day, we headed home. (When I had asked Abi what sort of refreshments she wanted, she said she wanted: brownies, cookies and cake. Oh and some fruit. Thankfully she listened to and accepted my suggestions.) We had to take pictures of the kids. I love the stair step look, but Sariah didn't understand that she had to stand up in order for that to work.
She wanted to crawl everywhere, so she had to be restrained. Silly baby.
We love you Abi! We are so proud of you, and are grateful that you are in our family. Thank you for being such a wonderful example for your brothers and sisters.
1 comment:
I am finally catching up on reading all your posts :). It looks like Abi's birthday and baptism was wonderful!! I can't wait to hear about your trip across the country. My dad told me you said hi to him in Nauvoo :).
Post a Comment