Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Air Force Marathon
In September we all drove with Beau to Ohio to that he could participate in the Air Force Marathon again. We stayed with our good friends the Haines family. I sat this one out. I didn't think it was a good idea to run anything just 2 weeks after having a baby. The kids and I went to meet Beau at the finish line. We ran into the Jenkins family. The girls played together like they hadn't been apart.
I was able to see Beau cross the finish line. I must admit, it looked like he was hurting. Sure enough, he said that the last 6 miles were extremely rough. He pulled a hip flexor muscle. If it wasn't for that, he would have easily finished before 3:30. As it was, he did finish in 3:52:22 which is 20 seconds faster than last year. Hey, faster is faster!
At least he managed a smile with his buddy Jesse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment