Thursday, December 23, 2010

Stitches

Zachary and Everett were play fighting one evening after their bath. We were getting ready for bed, and I JUST finished telling them to calm down because we were going to be reading scriptures in a few minutes. Zachary was sitting on Everett, and Everett gave him a huge shove. The back of Zachary's head found the only corner in their room. Immediately he grabs his head and starts screaming (as usual), so I wasn't too concerned. When he moved his hand and it was covered in blood, I became concerned. I shouted for Beau while I ran a washcloth under cold water to place on his head. Man, head wounds sure can bleed! Something we found out a couple of years ago when Everett pushed Zachary into the wall and cracked open the FRONT of his head.....Hmmm. I'm sensing a pattern here. :) We decided that Beau should take him to the Urgent Care. After all, I get all the fun when it comes to taking the kids the Dr. and getting shots, so it's only fair that Beau have some fun too!
After 2 hours, they were back home and Zachy was looking quite proud of the sock on his head. It was a net to keep the gauze in place. He would have to wear it for 3 days.
Beau said that Zachary screamed when he was told he was going to get a shot. Oops. I guess I should have mentioned that Zachy has a serious case of trypanophobia. Live and learn. :) After being held down by several grown men to apply the lidocaine, he stopped fighting and said that the shot didn't hurt. 6 stitches later, he was handed a handful of stickers and sent home.
Ah, boys!

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I finally caught up on the 24 posts you have done recently :). It was so fun to read!

And I had to comment on this one, because it sounds like Zachary is shaping up to be just like Kevin - with a head covered in scars from all the times he had to get stitches as a kid :).