Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jingle Bell Run

The first Saturday in December was the last 5K of the year. Since Abi won a turkey a few weeks earlier, she wanted to win a medal this time. She wanted to train for it, so I took her to Burba Lake and she would run around two times, which is the equivalent to 1.5 miles. Plus, she would run and play at the park. She had so much fun, and was ready to do her best on Saturday. Saturday came, and it was COLD!! The sun was shining, but that didn't seem to help very much. I pushed Zachary, Eliza, and Sariah. They were so bundled up, I'm sure they were quite toasty warm. You can't even see Sariah, but she's there sound asleep under her blanket! Abi didn't place, so she was sort of bummed. I told her that it's hard to run fast in the cold. I also said that I'm proud of her no matter what, because there aren't very many 7 year olds who would even attempt 3 miles! As a matter of fact, I know PLENTY of adults who wouldn't!
Beau was in charge of a Temple babysitting activity at the church, so he wasn't with us. Our friend Melissa was kind enough to run with Everett. He was NOT a happy camper by the end. He doesn't handle the cold very well, and cried and whined most of the way. I felt terrible for Melissa, because I know how aggravating Everett can be when he whines. She was very sweet about it, and said she didn't blame him, it was cold!

No comments: